Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Crafting Goals for May / WIP Photos

Alrighty, so this morning I stumbled upon a thread at Crochetville that asks what your goals are for May. Well, considering how many WIPs and UFOs I have hanging around, I felt that setting up a few project goals for the month might do me some good, if only to pretend like I'm actually getting stuff done *lol* So, here are my crochet goals for this month:


1. Finish the belly bean's afghan
2. Finish my brother's afghan
3. Finish the "Lacy Sleeveless Top" in time for the hubby's swearing in ceremoney (June 2nd)
5. Finish DD's kitty ear hat (which has been sitting unfinished since last October)
4. Start and complete at least three, maybe four or even five FO's for my online store
5. Start at least one more large Christmas gift


And, because I promised WIP photos of my major projects, here you go. The first is the afghan I'm doing for my youngest brother, either for his birthday or for Christmas (haven't decided yet). It's just a simple rectangle granny square afghan, in black WW acrylic.




The next is the pile of granny squares that will, soon hopefully, become my belly bean's afghan. It's going to be small, just enough to cover him/her in the car seat or stroller. I finished the last of the green squares last night, so all I have left are 12 pink and 4 blue, then to stitch them all together - which I have never done before, so hopefully it works out.




And finally, my Lacy Sleeveless Top. I'm finding the fabric is a bit thick and stiff, but hopefully a little washing and fabric softener will help. I hope to have this done by the time Hubby's swearing in for the army rolls around, I'd love to wear it to that. I'm on repeat 6 of the torso pattern, have to do 14. Then the bust and trim and whatnot.




And a close up of the pattern:


No comments: