Monday, May 7, 2007

Order and Craft Show

I had a great morning: I came home from dropping my daughter off at daycare to find that I had made a sale, for a custom animal ear hat. Wewt, I love making these! Can't wait to get started.

I also finished all the granny squares for my belly bean's blanket. Took about two hours to prep and stitch together two rows of squares this morning, so I'll have to keep working tomorrow, as I have to work tonight and it's too big to bring with me. I'm considering writing up the pattern and either selling it through my Etsy shop, or just offering it here on my blog. We'll see. Hopefully I'll have it done in a couple days so I can get through my ordered hat and on to summer inventory.

Finally, I recieved an invite a few weeks ago that I totally didn't realise I got to apply for a craft show I did last year. I'm really excited, they've expanded it to two days in July, for just slightly more than double the price last year (which was pretty good anyway). I'm going to send in my application in a day or two, I'm a bit worried though because it's juried this year, so I don't know if I'll be accepted. I can try though, right? So, I'm going to fashion up a list of items I need to make to hopefully turn a profit, but at least just break even. I'll need to buy another folding table and a clothing rack to make my display nicer than last year, and hopefully a canopy thing to protect me from the sun. Wish me luck folks, I really want to do this!

No comments: