Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pimping Etsy

Okay, so I admit it, I did a little shopping on Etsy recently. And I love the things I've gotten so far, I just *have* to pimp the seller's shops.


Firstly, I was browsing accessories and such, and stumbled across these pins - and HAD to have them! Anyone who is an internet junkie as much as I am knows exactly what LongCat is. For anyone else, here is an explanation. Slevin11 makes all sorts of neat, interesting, kitschy buttons. Definitely check him out! Anyway, I could not pass these little babies up:




And he included this with them, which I also love:




And displayed proudly on my purse:




I also happen to have a painful compulsion to use lip gloss and balm. Lately, I've had horribly dry lips, likely a combination of being pregnant and drier air at work. The lip butter I was using didn't really work, and the thought of chocolate lip balm that was made with real chocolate just drove me to shop. So, I hopped over to ivaart's shop after she mentioned it in the Red ROom chat, and after a short battle with myself, purchased two lip balms, chocolate chip and strawberry. They arrived the other day, and wow, they are awesome! I haven't tried strawberry yet, but I used the chocolate chip and with one application, my lips were no longer dry, and with a couple the flakiness had disappeared, too. And they even have cute stickers on them!




And she sent a bunch of business cards and even a sticker for kittycrossbones, who I have ordered from and love too! I love getting neat stuff like this.




So, that was my pimping of some other awesome Etsy shops. I'm waiting for a custom purse, so if that arrives half as nice as I expect it, there will be another shop pimping coming. And any time I purchase from a seller, or just really love a shop, I'll pimp it here too. As interesting as my crafting is, I'm sure people want to find new interesting people and places to shop.

2 comments:

IvaArt said...

Thank you very much for your purchase and for the little brag post. I am glad that you finally have soft lips.

ps I have added a link to your blog on mine ;p

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to find other etsyians! :D