Sunday, May 20, 2007

Projects

Well, I sent in my application for the craft show in July weeks ago and still no word, but I'm going to go on the assumption that I'm in until I get word otherwise. So, I'm working on new summer items, stuff that is more likely to sell than the shawls and scarves I normally make. I'm also planning on designing and selling a few patterns through my Etsy shop, since I know a lot of people that buy there are crafters themselves.

I'm also hoping to start doing some items recycled from plastic shopping bags. Right now I'm cutting strips and making them into balls, and I hope to start a door mat or some similar type of project with it soon. If it goes well, I'll likely sell them through my shop as well as have a couple at the show in July.

Finally, I've also gotten down to sorting and prepping my craft supplies to sell what I don't need. Some will go into my shop, and the rest will be put out at the garage sale I'm having this weekend. As much work as it is to prep for the sales, I'm excited about both and hope to get rid of a LOT of stuff this weekend that I don't need or want anymore. De-cluttering my home will hopefully help me de-clutter the rest of my life and make being productive easier for me, since I won't have to fight with all my 'stuff' to do anything.

So, wish me luck! Hopefully I'll make a chunk of change to put into my savings box, and clear out my unwanted stuff!

No comments: