Sunday, April 15, 2007

Works in Progress

So, first post in a new blog. I don't have any finished projects to show off, so I guess I'll go over what I'm working on right now.

Currently, I have two projects I'm actively working on: a baby blanket for my belly bean, constructed of granny squares in blue, purple, green, and pink Bernat Baby Coordinates, and it will be crocheted together using white yarn, and a rectangular granny square afghan in black WW acrylic yarn for my youngest brother's birthday in June. I know, a blanket seems counter intuitive, but I'd like to give all my family members an afghan, so I might as well start with the soonest occasion.

I'm also in the process of planning birthday/Christmas gifts for the rest of my large family. I won't have a lot of extra cash come Christmas time, as I expect we'll be moving on base some time in the late fall/early winter and will need to purchase furniture and the like. So, I'm going to try and make a lot of gifts. So far, I have the following items planned:

Birthdays:
Alex (brother #2) - Black granny square blanket
Steven (brother #1) - Book thong + novel
Mackenzie (dd) - Animal Ear Hat
Kayla (sister) - Messenger Bag - black, green
Alex (hubby) - Penguin Amigurumi

Christmas:
Mom - Rectangular granny square afghan - black, teal, rose pink, hunter green, burgundy
Nick (bff) - Rectangular granny square afghan - mixed colours
Alex (hubby) - Round Ripple Afghan, army green, camoflauge, black
Mackenzie (dd) - Barbie clothes, Cabbage Patch clothes

I have a lot more that need to be decided on, but it's a start at least. All the afghans will need a LOT of time to complete, so I really need to get going. It's going to be a busy few months!